Share point library helps you to create, store, update and manage files with the team members. The library has a list of files and also the key information about each file. Top features like creating custom views, forms and work flow help you to manage your projects and business processes.
To organize a file in your share point library, you can add columns, define views and create folders. Creating a document in share point library can secure your files easily and most of the users prefer this method.
Though the application provides you best features, some users find issues opening the documents in share point libraries.
Our Microsoft office live support team assists you and provides you guidance if you face issues opening your document in share point libraries.
You can now follow some of the easy guidelines below to fix problems while opening documents in share point libraries.
Corruption of documents
Corruption of documents is the major reason why you cannot open your documents in share point libraries. You can repair your corrupted work book manually by following the simple steps below.
To repair a corrupted work book manually
- Go to the file tab and click on the open.
- For excel 2013 or 2016, Click the location where the spreadsheet is located
- Select the corrupted excel sheet from the dialog box that opens.
- Now click on the arrow next to open and then select the open and repair option.
- Click on the repair option to repair the work book. If you want to extract formulas and values from the workbook, click on the Extract data option.
Check your files locally
If the problem persists, it is also possible to check your files locally. Go to the share point online, select the file and click on the option download on the command bar.
Share point server 2010
If you are using a share point server 2010,
- Click the down arrow on the file and then the send to option
- Select the option Download a copy
- Go to your browser now and click on the save option.
- Open the file from the desktop by using the open with option.
You can now choose the required application to open your document
Reverting your work book to last and previous version
You can also revert your Excel work book to last and previous version if your workbook becomes corrupted before you save your changes
- Go to the file tab and click the open option.
- Search for the name of the work book now.
- Now click yes to reopen your work book.
How to open a word document after File corruption error
You may also find problems opening your word documents in share point libraries. Open and repair option can be used to restore the corrupted word document.
- Open your Microsoft word document, Go to the option File >Open and then go to the folder where the document is stored.
- Click on the document you want and now click on the arrow next to open.
- You can now select the Open and Repair option to repair your word document.
If you still find difficulty in understanding the above guidelines, our Microsoft office live support team is here to help you.
To reach our Microsoft live support team, you can call us on our toll-free number – 1-855-559-2230 and visit us Microsoft Support Number